It’s a marketing strategy that brands your product or services to market. In fact marketing strategy is the foundation of all (lead generation, sales, and revenue).
With the advent of technology, customer behavior has changed and B2B marketing strategies are expanded.
To stay ahead of the competition change your boat and take full advantage of a wide spectrum of strategies. Will deep dive about strategies below…
Before that let’s quickly understand “what B2B marketing is and how it differs from B2C marketing”.
What is B2B Marketing?
B2B stands for business to business so buying/selling of products/services or exchanging information between multiple business entities is called B2B marketing. For example, A wholesaler sells its products to retailers and then they sell it to consumers.
Difference between B2C Vs. B2B marketing
Marketing to business is totally different than marketing to individual customers. Though working principles are the same for both (B2C and B2B) the marketing but they are executed in a different way.
- B2C marketing targets the need, interest, and challenges of individual customers who are making purchase for themselves whereas in B2B marketing purchaser targets the organization. Ex: A co-working space that leases office space to remote teams or freelancers.
- In B2C marketing customers select the product based on price, popularity, status, and other emotional triggers whereas in B2B marketing buyers make decision on price and profit potential alone. Ex: Alibaba: An e-commerce company that sells products to remote.
B2B marketing is not so easy. A business which sells to other business has to keep many factors in mind while communicating with their audience. The most important component of B2B marketing is to have a clear insight of your customers. Unless you know what your customer wants, you cannot implement any marketing tactic. So what are those winning strategies that will attract, engage, and convert your prospects as buyer.
Look at these 4 B2B marketing strategies that will help you convert your business audience
The base of any marketing is its audience. If you understand the market, your buyers and the challenges faced by them while making a purchase. Then you can propose a better solution and help them. So put yourself in B2B buyers’ shoes and understand the B2B buyers’ journey. Let’s have a look at the various stages of new marketing funnel. Each stage affects your marketing strategies and you have to implement accordingly.
- Post-purchase experience
- B2B Email Marketing
Email marketing is a very useful gun to promote your products and services. A well-planned email marketing strategy gives your B2B business a real boost. That’s why email marketing is the most preferred online marketing in B2B sector. Use this Email marketing strategy to communicate with your clients for bringing in more conversions and adding value across the customer lifecycle. If you are not using then missing big time.
“93% of B2B marketers practice email marketing”.
Since in B2B business all the relationships with other business entities are based on pure logic of the decision-maker. Therefore you need to understand the prospective customers’ logic behind a purchasing decision to understand their business needs. As a result, your marketing initiatives should be more in-depth and focus on what matters most for the customer so you can deliver them the right experience.
What essential components your emails should include being more effective? Implement these valuable tips
- Write compelling subject Lines: Email subject line should hook your reader to open and read your mails. So it is recommended to spend more time creating email headlines than the emails themselves.
- Only one Call-to-action per email: Email should contain only one call-to-action so your audience can focus on your email content and take ultimately one action.
- Segment email for the most relevant audience: Every mail should not be appropriate for everyone on your list. Therefore segment your email list into a specific group and then target this group with special offers. This gives personal feeling to your audience.
- Email designs should be responsive: Most of the users access their emails on phones so it should be mobile-friendly. If emails don’t open in mobiles it got deleted in 3 seconds.
- Use cold email: Though cold emails are not comfortable, the right emails can convert new customers.
- B2B Digital Marketing
Having an online presence is the biggest investment for any business whether it’s B2B or B2C. This helps your customers to access your products or services easily. Also it allows you to make customers at any corner of the world.
Look at these essential components required to strengthen your B2B digital marketing strategy
- Define your target audience
It is important for an effective B2B digital marketing strategy to define your target audience to envision the person behind the purchase. Based on your target audience you can plan your content marketing and digital material so that it should reach the right eyes and ears.
- Create your Website
The website is the most critical tool for building visibility. Digital marketing can only function when you have an informative or engaging website. 80% of buyers first visit the website for searching products online before purchasing it.
When it comes to the B2B sales cycle a group of people is involved in decision making. Therefore website enables influencers to share information about your product or service and increase your chance of winning.
- Optimize your digital presence
Optimization of the website is essential as due to this your audience will be able to find your site. This is possible only by implementing the On-page SEO and technical tactics. Many factors have to be considered for On-page SEO like target keyword, alt-attribute of an image, Meta descriptions, structured data and site speed, etc. For offsite-SEO links to your website are taken care of.
- Run pay per click campaign
Pay per click (PPC) ads allow your content and brand in front of new audiences via search engines Google and other advertising channels. These ads appear in SERP listings above organic content. B2B marketers use this strategy smartly balancing both PPC and SEO.
The best way is to advertise your brand and company tagline rather than the products or services. The reason being if your brand is new for your target audience then you should pay more for targeting relevant categories to increase the prospects.
- B2B Content Marketing:
Content marketing is the most important factor in the success of any organization today. That’s why 91% of B2B marketers use it. Continuously pumping high-quality content that answers your customer’s queries build on trust and relationships. Before buying any product buyers research in Google and view at least five articles. Thus content plays a major role in changing buyer’s mindset.
The biggest mistake of content marketing is making the content all about you. Therefore produce more valuable content for your target audience and later show this to other businesses that are industry experts so that they should trust it.
Types of content marketing pieces that work at the top of the funnel:
- Blog posts: Blogging is the best way to attract customers by creating engaging posts. Identify the pain points of customers that will be solved by your product or services. If your products resolve or eliminate customer problems then they definitely show interest in purchasing your product. For your blog post to work, optimize it for SEO and promote it on different social media platforms.
- Social media posts: See below
- Infographics: Infographics condense the data and information in a graphical visual form which is easily understandable. Images draw attention of human minds and process a visual scene in less than 1/10 second.
- Videos: Videos say more in less time and provides a deeper understanding of any subject, therefore,B2B content marketers prefer video content than the text-based content.
- E-books: E-books are concept centric based on ideas and trends of interest. If you include practical, useful, actionable and unique information for your readers that helps them to do something that they want to do then readers will be compelled to act upon it and share it. Therefore E-books have become content marketing staples for B2B marketers.
- Podcasts: Podcasts are a very long form of content but those which provide real business value attract time of busy decision-makers to listen to them. You can listen the podcasts while working out, driving, cooking dinner, etc. Therefore this content type is at the top of funnel for B2B marketing.
- B2B Social Media Marketing
Social media is a powerful platform for building brand awareness and recognizing your brand in a community. It is an accelerator for increasing your reach, expertise, and content. It allows networking with potential customers, influencers and monitoring your brand through social listening.
The best part is social media provides a great medium for interacting directly with your prospects and customers. But different social media channel has different types of users and their response. All the social platforms are not best for all the business. So select the relevant social media platform and drive your business results accordingly.
“80% of LinkedIn members drive business decisions and have 2 times buying the power of the average web audience”
In social media, conversion does not happen as frequently as your content or email marketing. But followers are more important and valuable since you don’t know when they might convert to leads or customers. Remember that content shared by your employee receive eight times more engagement than the content shared by brands. So involve your employees more in B2B marketing.
Marketing strategy is the key to achieving your business goals but it is more critical for business customers. You can plan your marketing strategy well if you have thorough insights of your customers.
Use the above strategies that will help to understand B2B customers and convert your business audience.